Do you have a project to pitch?
Whether you’re in early development stages or ready for distribution, TAC has the pitching opportunity for you! Connect with buyers from around the globe at our speed-pitching event Fast Track, or submit your idea by June 15 for a chance to compete in our annual Pitch THIS! contest. More details below!
Now accepting submissions
Do you have a great idea for an animated series?
Pitch THIS!, presented by Mercury Filmworks, is TAC’s signature opportunity to get your new project noticed!
TEN semi-finalists will be selected and paired with industry mentors to fine-tune their pitch and project in time for TAC and the OIAF this coming fall.
The semi-finalists will kick off Pitch THIS! in September, presenting all 10 projects live during the festival! The jury will select TWO finalists to move forward and take the virtual Pitch THIS! Finale stage, pitching to a panel of platform execs and the entire TAC audience, including potential buyers and financiers within the industry.
The winner will be awarded a grand prize including:
- $5,000 cash prize from Mercury Filmworks
- Toon Boom Harmony Premium Annual license and online training course (approx. 36 hours)
- Two TAC Animapasses to OIAF 2022.
SUBMITTING A PROJECT
We highly encourage and will be seeking out submissions from underrepresented creators, including women, BIPOC, and 2SLGBTQIA+ members of the animation community, and content that is diverse and inclusive.
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:
- Project Info: Title, genre, demographic, format
- Project synopsis, including log line
- Character descriptions/biographies
- At least one episode synopsis (scripts will not be reviewed)
- Bios and contacts of key creators
- Concept art is recommended, but not required
APPLICATION CRITERIA & FORMAT
- Application deadline
June 15, 2021 at 5pm (EST)
- Pitch THIS! is open to Canadian animation projects only, lead creator(s) must include at least one Canadian resident or citizen.
- Maximum of 2 submissions will be accepted per creator
- Pitched series can target any demographic (e.g. preschool, adult, etc.)
- Submissions should be in English, all presentations and sessions will be in English.
- Accepted formats: Web links or PDF
- Pitches will be accepted by email only.
Speed pitching sessions for animation content creators.
SEPTEMBER 23-24, 2021
If you plan to pitch a project, find the perfect production company for your ideas, and establish important relationships, Fast Track will get you there! Fast Track gives you one shot to meet with each of your targets for 12-minute-long “speed pitching” meetings.
Fast Track’s line-up consists of producers, platforms, and distributors from around the globe! These executives come from a wide range of production interests and expectations, and will be looking for:
- Series, shorts and features.
- Target audiences ranging from preschool to adult.
- Development stages from concepts to completed projects.
- Content from any market (worldwide).
Fast Track is exclusively for fully registered TAC passholders.
Registration details coming soon.