Do you have a great idea for an animated series?
Presented in partnership with Mercury Filmworks, the OIAF’s annual Pitch THIS! pitching contest is an opportunity for Canadian creators to get noticed and kickstart their animated series concept!
The 2022 Pitch THIS! program will select up to TEN semi-finalists to be paired with established industry mentors. Over the summer, mentors will assist creators with fine-tuning their 10-minute long pitches in preparation for the semi-finals on September 21st. The semi-final judges will then select two pitches to go head-to-head against one another in the finals before a live audience of TAC attendees, studio executives, and potential project financiers.
The winner will be awarded a grand prize including:
- $5,000 cash prize from Mercury Filmworks
- Toon Boom Harmony Premium Annual license and online training
- $1,000 in legal services from Edwards Creative Law
- Two TAC Animapasses to OIAF 2023
The runner-up will also receive a free 1-hour consultation with Edwards Creative Law.
Submitting a Project
Interested applicants should submit their proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm EDT Thursday, June 30, 2022.
Inclusive projects and underrepresented creators are strongly encouraged to apply, in particular women, BIPOC, people living with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQIA+ members of the animation community.
The selected semi-finalists will receive support to attend OIAF 2022 and participate in Pitch THIS!.
APPLICATION CRITERIA & FORMAT
- The application deadline is 11:59pm EDT Thursday, June 30, 2022.
- Pitch THIS! is open to Canadian animation projects only; lead creator(s) must include at least one Canadian resident or citizen.
- A maximum of TWO (2) submissions will be accepted per creator
- Pitched series can target any demographic (e.g. preschool, adult, etc.)
- Submissions should be in English, all presentations and sessions will be in English.
- Accepted formats: Web links or PDF
- Pitches will be accepted by email only to email@example.com
Please use “Pitch THIS! 2022 Submission” in the subject line of your email so that our team can easily process your submission.
Proposals must include:
- Project Info: Title, genre, demographic, AND format
- Project synopsis, including logline
- Character descriptions/biographies
- At least one episode synopsis (scripts will NOT be reviewed)
- Biographies and contact information of key creators
- Concept art is recommended, but not required