Working with the OIAF
“Working at the Ottawa International Animation Festival through the Job Creation Program was one of the best decisions I ever made. It was without a doubt, the most fun I have ever had at work. It challenged me and was hard work, but simply put, it was the best work experience I have ever had. The staff at OIAF are like family and I still miss working there. but I was fortunate enough that the experience I gained there lead to a career change and a wonderful job – a job that I would not have secured if I had not joined this program. If you are seeking work, looking to switch careers or simply looking to challenge yourself or would love to have fun at work OIAF is for you.”
– Caroline G.
Database and Website Project Coordinator
Start date: 31-Oct-2022
Completion date: 31-Mar-2023
Hours: 40 hours per week
Wage: $20.00 per hour
Requirements of the Digital Skills for Youth Internship Program:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada (either a citizen, permanent resident or person with refugee status);
- Self-identify as underemployed (i.e. employed below their level of education, holding part-time employment, or in emerging fields with few jobs);
- Have completed post-secondary studies (exception: interns located in Nunavut, Yukon or NWT are not required to meet this criterion);
- Have no immediate family relationship with the employer.
The OIAF is seeking a website and database coordinator to help relaunch the Canadian Animation Directory Online. The position will involve working with the Festival’s database to find the most efficient way to update the listings. They will oversee the design of a new site and explore options for displaying the data in an easily searchable format. The coordinator will work closely with the OIAF team to ensure that the relaunched site is a valuable tool for the animation industry. They may also work with outside developers and consultants to implement solutions. In addition, the coordinator will assist with other aspects of the Festival dealing with technology such as general website maintenance and data management.
Application deadline: October 17, 2022
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.