Pitch THIS! is TAC's signature opportunity to show off your new project! TEN pitches will be selected and the creators will be paired with industry mentors who will help them develop their ideas.
All ten pitches will be presented on Wednesday, September 25th for final selection. Two lucky finalists will be selected to take the stage and compete for the coveted grand prize at the official Pitch THIS! event on Thursday, September 26th. The finalists will pitch to a panel of platform execs and the entire TAC audience, which will include over 350 potential buyers and financiers within the industry.
The winner will be awarded a grand prize including:
• $5,000 cash prize from Digital Dimension
• Toon Boom Animation Software licenses for Harmony and Storybook Pro, plus training!*
• Entertainment Legal Services from Edwards PC, Creative Law
Entering Pitch THIS!
• Open to Canadian projects only (creation team must include at least one Canadian resident or citizen)
• Maximum of 2 submissions will be accepted per production company
• Pitched series should be aimed at children ages 2—11
• Accepted formats: Web links or PDF
• Submission deadline August 15th, 2019, 5 pm EST
Proposals should include:
• Project synopsis, including logline and character descriptions
• At least one episode synopsis
• Concept art
• Bios of key creators
Send your Pitch THIS! proposals to: presentations[at]animationfestival.ca
NOTE: Full TAC passes are available to selected participants at a 50% discount. Without a TAC pass, selected participants will be admitted ONLY to the two Pitch THIS! related events.
*Toon Boom prize details: 1-year license of Harmony Premium and Storyboard Pro. Half a day personalized online training. Must claim licenses and training before October 2020.