The Television Animation Conference (TAC) is a 2-day specialized, industry-driven conference aimed at enhancing business opportunities for animation producers and bridging the gap between animation art and commerce.
Launched at the OIAF in 2004, TAC is designed to facilitate networking, professional development and trade in a comfortable and intimate environment. TAC grew out of feedback we have received in recent years from producers across the country expressing a strong desire for a specifically business-oriented event to be held at the OIAF. The aim of TAC is to create effective business opportunities for established as well as mid-level and emerging producers and facilitate international partnership and trade.
The inaugural TAC was met with great enthusiasm. The event sold out, with more than 200 delegates attending from across Canada and around the world, including Australia, China, France, India, Italy, Japan, South Africa, South Korea and the US.
TAC provides producers the unique opportunity to meet with key Canadian and international studios, broadcasters and buyers in an intimate setting, participate in market-relevant panels and roundtables, and enjoy the world-renowned programming of the Ottawa International Animation Festival.
Who should attend?
- Producers seeking buyers or financing for television specials, series and web-based animation content
- Buyers, programmers, development and acquisitions executives and distributors seeking animation content for broadcast and Internet distribution platforms
- Content creators seeking producers and production partners
- Marketing, merchandising and licensing executives
- Production and post-production service suppliers
- Film, television and new media policy and regulation representatives
- Investors and funding agencies
TAC 2004 Agenda
TAC 2004 Delegate List (PDF)